Sequel to one of my very initial posts here. See why I have a whole life policy – hint: not my idea.
Just received the annual bonus letter from the insurance company. So for the sake of sharing, here you go.
- Entry year: 2006
- Entry age: 13
- Sum assured: $100K
- Yearly premium amount: $1,290
- Premium paid till date: $15,480
- Projected bonus (based on 5.25% return): $15,070
- Actual accumulated bonus: $17,280
- Actual surrender value: $16,940
Broke even 2 years earlier than anticipated as per the projection in the insurance document. Lucky me?
(I love House btw)